Call for papers
This Conference provides a great opportunity to share advances in Industrial Engineering. Researchers and practitioners come together to start and/or share new initiatives in education or competitive projects with firms.
ICIEIM/CIO2023 objectives are:
- To promote researchers networking, as a way to exchange ideas and approaches that contribute to the development of Industrial Engineering and Management from a scientific and entrepreneurial perspective.
- To present advances in industrial engineering and operations management, and their applications to companies.
- To maintain the level of excellence of previous conferences, in such a way that their publications (proceedings, books and journals) continue to be the best reference in this field.
- To strengthen the national and international exchange relationships for investigators from recognised universities and research institutions.
Topics of interests
Topics of the ICIEIM/CIO2023 Conference include, among others.
- Supply Chain Management and Logistics
- Production Planning and Control
- Operations Research, Modelling and Simulation
- Project and Process Management
- Sustainability, Eco-efficiency and Quality Management
- Circular Economy
- Strategy, Innovation, Networks and Entrepreneurship
- Product Design, Industrial Marketing and Consumer Behaviour
- Management Information Systems and Knowledge Management
- Service Systems
- Robotics and Control in Industrial Engineering
- Human Resources and Organizational Design
- Education in Industrial Engineering
- Impact of Industrial Engineering to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
We welcome original manuscripts contributing to the topics of the conference. All papers have to be written in English. Full papers are encouraged, but authors can choose one of the following options:
- To submit an “Extended abstract” of two pages (most of these works will be presented in the Conference poster session)
- To submit an “Extended abstract” of two pages and a “Full paper” of six pages (most of these works will be presented in the Conference parallel sessions). In this case, when doing the submission be sure of uploading the extended abstract in the «PDF» section and the full paper in the «Complemental archive» section.
All submissions will be double blind and peer reviewed and evaluated based on originality, technical and/or research content/depth, correctness, relevance to the conference, contributions, and readability.
The submission of contributions for the Conference will have two phases:
- The first phase consists of the submission of a blinded file (or files, if besides “Extended Abstract” a “Full Paper” is also submitted) that will be evaluated by the Scientific Committee. You must follow the approved “Blinded” template.
- The second phase, for the accepted contributions, implies to produce the final camera-ready paper with the appropriate template. The final camera-ready extended absracts must be sent to email@example.com before May 20th, both in editable (e.g., word file) and in pdf format, following the appropriate template (including the authors’ name). For those that send a full paper in the first phase, the final camera-ready full papers must be uploaded in the system both in editable (e.g., word file) and in pdf format, following the appropriate template (including the authors’ name).
First phase Extended Abstracts and Full Papers and accepted Full Papers have to be submitted using the Equin OCS Conference Proceedings Submission System.
All Extended Abstracts will be published in a Conference Book of Abstracts.
All Full Papers will be published in Lecture Notes on Data Engineering and Communications Technologies series (Springer).
A selection of the best full papers will be published in the following journals.
- International Journal of Production Management and Engineering (IJPME), ESCI.
- Central European Journal of Operations Research (CEJOR), Scopus and JCR (Special Issue).
- Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management (JIEM) (Special Issue).
- Dirección y Organización (DyO), Scopus and ESCI.
- Springer Lecture Notes in Management and Industrial Engineering (LNMIE) (Special Issue).
Authors will be asked on/to rank their preferences for publishing their papers in each journal (authors might also select «no publication» among their ranked preferences). Papers will then be prioritized according to reviewer reports. The authors of the best papers will have the possibility of publishing articles in these journals provided their editorial committee approve them, after a second review process. The authors are responsible for complying with their requirements (length, publication format, related documentation – compliance with Ethics Committee rules, fees as well as the follow-up of their articles once they have been incorporated into the review processes in such journals).
Please note that ICIEIM/CIO 2023 will cover the cost of the LNMIE and conference proceedings. Any costs involved in the other publications must be borne by the authors, who are therefore encouraged to take them into account while stating their preferences. Some journals and/or Springer/LNMIE might require papers undergoing substantial English editing; these costs must also be borne by the authors.
Papers first submission
Accepted papers submission
© 2022 Todos los derechos reservados.